Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday at the Seaside

Ahh...I haven't been home in ages and the sea and the wind were here waiting. Doing that timeless thing they do, of rush and retreat, rush and retreat. Does everything have to be metaphorical? It feels like that is life.
Last week was so full, with events, and dinners, and theatre right after work so there was no point in going home to the apartment and it was busy, busy, busy, but in a good way and then I got on the last ferry on Friday night and fell asleep in the car until another car's alarm blasted me awake and I was cursing even bothering to come here and then I pulled in to our dark gravel drive, opened my car door with my arms full of all I needed to schlep and there it was - Timelessness.
Calm. Sea. Breeze. Salt. Trees.
Breathe.
Breathe.
Breathe.
And this week I plan on being smarter. Less after work stuff. More hang out and read and regroup stuff. Dare I suggest a more balanced approach?
And then on Tuesday, like the rest of Canada, I will await the results of the U.S. election. I am usually so optimistic, but I feel like I don't dare believe Obama will really win because I think my heart will break if it doesn't come true. Not that it won't anyway.
Dear U.S. Citizens,
Please vote. Please don't vote for the scary old pretend maverick or Tina Fey's clone.
The rest of us are depending on you to help shift the direction of your world, and consequently, ours.
Sincerely,
A Concerned Canadian

No comments: