Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Obama is President

I knew I was anxious about this election but I can't believe how emotional it has been. I look at pictures of so many black, white, young and old voters lined up for hours and hours to vote and I am just overwhelmed.
Thank you American voters.
Thank you for making democracy real again.
I will not dilute this with thinking about all that this new 47-year old president must deal with. For now, it is time to congratulate him and his incredible abilities.
And now, I'm listening to McCain's speech and I am grateful for his class and grace in this speech. These are the best words he's said, well, except for this end acknowledgement about Sarah Palin.
Whatever, it sort of cures my romanticism about the whole affair. Onward. McCain should have shut up while he was ahead.

No comments: