Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Writing Again

I feel like tonight I'll finally be coming up for a little air. I have an invitation to "celebrate the debut of Loden Vancouver" tonight, but it'll be a short event and I can get home and work on the piece I want to do for my writing group on Sunday. 
I'm loving this whole downtown life, but it is incredible how little free time I suddenly have, not just from the job, but generally. 
I've gone from hanging out, writing, reading and walking to doing none of the above. Why is it so hard to find some sort of a balance? I almost had too much free time before (not really, but almost) and now I'm missing all that time to meander and just think. 
So. The plan is to not book so many evening things and free up some writing time for real projects. I need to polish up some chapters and send the proposal off to the agents I met at the Surrey International Writers Festival. Time's passing...

No comments: