Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Next Thing (ish)

We're going to China. Kevin & I as backpackers, albeit rather old backpackers. But still.
This will be a trip just for the sake of travel. Not because I want to write about it or have an assignment or anything like that. We leave February 18th and return March 27th. Six weeks of planes, trains and bicycles.

I'm finding it harder to do the whole writing pitch and query thing lately. Not sure what that's about. Maybe this rainy grey day is just leaching all ambition from my bones. I just want to read and lie around and eat bon-bons. Is that so wrong? I figure as long as I don't start watching daytime TV, I'm still okay. That has to be the line in the sand for me. Just say no to Dr. Phil.

I'm pondering the idea of what I want to do with this whole writing thing. Perhaps this is just a Christmas phase of inertia. Let's call it that. Now I don't have to make any decisions about it. Just ride it and see where the wave lands.

Make shortbread. Surely, that's the answer. Though quite honestly? I'd rather just have it show up in my house somehow. Oh dear. I'm in a completely lazy-dog mode. Let's call it an incubation phase instead. It sounds more promising that way.

That's it. I'm mulling big thoughts and grand plans even though it might just look like I'm drinking rum and eggnog while working on a puzzle of a world map.

No comments: