Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bunching NaNoWriMo

I'm perilously close to letting the whole NaNoWriMo thing go. It kills me to think I'd quit something. Not very good at the quitting or giving up schtick. However, the neck is screaming louder and louder that it wants relief dammit. I finished up the two newspaper stories for Travel Writers' Tales syndication, so maybe I'll have more free time, but then I think I really want to do my "real" writing which does not include this very cheesy novel I'm creating.

Quite honestly, this whole working all day thing is getting in the way of my writing life. HA. But I really am enjoying the opportunity to work with other writerly types and it was fun to get to know of them a little better last night. The Vanmag website launch party was at Nu. Great snacks, probably too much wine and fun conversations.

I'm going to go meet my husband at Lolita's now. Perhaps a margarita and some fish tacos will switch things up a little. This much I know. When I go to sleep. I really go to sleep. Not quite sure I can keep this social thing up too much longer. I'm used to sleepy old Stalashen Drive, where the biggest action is the waves.

No comments: